Come, join the team!
Digital Content Marketing Specialist Position
To apply: Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Location: Burlington, MA
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborates across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: create valuable content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion
- Editorial requirements include understanding customer segmentation and specific needs, basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution. This person must understand the best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
- Management of all creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- Executive presentations on the program approaches and results will be required.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and who to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Experience with WordPress, Google analytics, Slideshare, and the top social channels
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
The DCM is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the enterprise through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group.
Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.)
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth
- Social media positive sentiment metrics
- Customer feedback and survey data
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings
- A decrease in sales/buying cycles
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing)
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.
Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience as a high potential specialist in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus
- $70-80k/ annum
- Plus stock options in line with industry standards